For a chocolatey craving during the festivities, we've got you covered. Try these vegan, raw truffles. Simple to make, they're the perfect way to indulge in a healthier way!
To make 16 truffles
250g vegan dark choc, finely chopped
125ml coconut milk (regular or light)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
15g cacao or cocoa powder
- Place the chocolate in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over a medium heat until it is warm (just starting to simmer).
- Pour the coconut milk into the mixing bowl with the chocolate in and quickly cover to trap the heat in and leave for 5 minutes.
- Next, remove the cover and gently stir the mixture. Try not to let air in! Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- If you are struggling to melt all the pieces, try putting the mixture on a low heat but be careful not to overcook it and return to the cool mixing bowl after.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Put the bowl in the fridge uncovered until it is almost solid (about 2-3 hours).
- Once chilled, put the cacao powder in a shallow dish.
- Then scoop out the mixture into small balls - you could use a small ice cream scoop or do it manually. Once in shape, toss the balls into the cacao powder and set on a plate.
- You can serve the truffles immediately or store covered in the fridge. Make sure they are left for 10-15 minutes at room temperature before serving!