So for many meat free Mondays won't mean much because you may be vegan or vegetarian already, but for those of you who aren't (or don't want to be) there are still benefits to putting a meat free day (or two) into your week.
If you're new to meat free cooking it can be a bit daunting trying to find recipes that are balanced and filling and I know from personal experience that sometimes a veggie recipe can look super complicated (I made the mistake of buying my first veggie cook book by Ottolenghi... a lot of ingredients and confusing looking recipes, but my my they were good once I figured it out!) so below I've rounded up my favourite and quick meat free recipes, and next week I'll write up a few of my own starting with my mouth watering ratatouille!
- A delicious veggie quiche by Feasting not Fasting
My Ubud Spiced Salad
- Loaded Mexican Style Baked Potatoes by Deliciously Ella (p.s. check out her app).. (I use normal potatoes as I personally can't stand sweat ones!)
- My personal favourite when it comes to soup... Onion Soup!
- Yummy aubergine arrabbiata by Jamie Oliver
- Roasted root veggies and halloumi (who doesn't love halloumi?)
- In the mood for some spice, I love this vegetarian chilli