In most households you'll find a bottle of white vinegar that isn't necessarily always utilised, and while you know that you can create a cleaning product out of it, maybe you can't stand the smell of vinegar. We get it, not everyone wants their home to smell like salad dressing... though the scent of vinegar will fade quite quickly after using.
Vinegar is an amazing cleaning agent and has anti-bacterial properties, but that doesn't mean you can't make equally effective products without it!
So if you're looking for a homemade cleaning solution that doesn't include vinegar then try our handy and quick recipe. Or you can skip to our concentrated formulas and simply add water!
DIY Multi-Surface Cleaner, vinegar free!
- An empty bottle with a spray attachment (you can find these in most craft stores, or why not get one of our handy refill bottles!)
- Distilled water is best, but if you don't have any then filtered tap water will work
- Castile Soap
- Lavender, Sweet Orange or lemongrass essential oil. A lot of pure essential oils have amazing natural anti-bacterial properties, and these are three that we use at KINN
M E T H O D
- Put two cups of water into your bottle and 1 tablespoon of castile soap.
- 15 - 20 drops of your chosen essential oil
- Screw the top on and give the product a good shake
- Always do a spot test on delicate surface areas, but otherwise you're good to go, and remember to wipe down the area with a damp cloth and dry afterwards!