We love any dessert that could double up as a breakfast option. For those with a sweet tooth looking to start the day off healthy, this is the recipe for you. This kiwi & blueberry chia bowl is light, refreshing but also a great way to start the day: chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, high quality protein and omega 3 fatty acids. This recipe will provide two servings based on the size of your jars!
- glass jar (recycled or mason)
- 250ml unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 3 heaped tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 kiwi fruit peeled and sliced
- 50g frozen blueberries (thawed)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk, chia seeds, vanilla and maple syrup until mixed well.
- Place the kiwi fruit around the base of your two jars - refer to the photo for guidance.
- Split the chia mixture in half and spoon into your two jars.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight (or for at least 2 hours). The chia seeds need to have time to soak up the milk and have a rice pudding-like consistency.
- Add any leftover kiwi slices to the top of the pudding and top with the frozen blueberries. The juice from the thawed blueberries will add a yummy sauce to the pudding!
- Serve chilled and enjoy!