Here in the UK, lockdown measures are starting to ease up, but with social distancing still in place you're no doubt still looking for ways to occupy ourselves. We've put together a list of our favourite craft activities that keep us busy, happy and inspired!
Painting coasters is a great activity for everyone - whether you have experience with painting or not. Purchase some air-dry clay (we'd recommend this), acrylic paint, some brushes and acrylic paint sealant. You can either go free-hand or get hold of some stencils to use.
These make a great gift for anyone you want to send an iso-gift!
Paint ceramic pot
You'll need the same equipment as the coasters for this, but instead of the clay, get your hands on a terracotta plant pot. We've loved watching YouTube tutorials for design inspo and methods, but the process is pretty simple.
This has been a real lockdown craze because it's easy, fun and you'll be able to enjoy it when lockdown finally ends. There are several methods to achieve different patterns, but here's a more eco-friendly and natural method to make use of if you want to steer clear of the synthetic dyes.
What you'll need:
- Clothing you want to tie-dye (preferably white)
- 1 large bowl filled with 1 part water, 1 part vinegar
- For each colour you want to use, you'll need a squeeze cap bottle filled with 120ml water and 8 drops of food colouring (depending on size of bottle)
- Rubber bands
- A sealable sandwich bag
- Soak your piece of clothing in the bucket of diluted vinegar for 1 hour
- Ring out the fabric
- Depending on your design choice, wrap the rubber bands around the fabric
- Using your squeeze cap bottles, apply the dye to your fabric, making sure that only one colour is used between each rubber band
- Leave for 8 hours or overnight then rinse in water until the water runs clear
- Hang your clothing to dry and voila!
Make your own bath salts
Even if your pace of life has decreased a little in the past few months, having some me-time to relax is still very important. For many of us, it will help us to get through this strange and anxious time and even help make the most of it!
Head over to our blog on DIY Bath Salts to make you Sparkle for some relaxing and feel-good recipes to make your own bath salts.