No doubt there'll be numerous mornings after during the festive season. To feel and look rejuvenated, what better way than a bit of morning pampering and a face mask? We'll take you through 7 DIY face masks specifically designed to give life to your skin after a night of too much bubbles!
Pumpkin, oats and festive spices mask
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp oats, ground in a blender to make a flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon
- 3 pinches of turmeric
- Mix everything together
- Apply to skin (fingers is fine!) and leave for 10-15 mins
- Rinse with warm water
Energising coffee morning scrub and mask
- 75g ground coffee (fresh if possible!)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey (preferably manuka)
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Apply to face and gently massage over face with fingers in clockwise direction
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes
- Wipe off mask with a damp flannel and rinse the remainder off with cool water.
Grape and rosewater morning mask
- 1 tbsp your favourite organic face cream
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- 1 small handful of grapes
- 1 tsp of your favourite face oil (e.g. coconut or jojoba)
- Blend the ingredients together
- Apply on damp skin (i.e. after a warm shower)
- Leave for one or two minutes then rinse off with warm water.
Honey, cinnamon and lemon juice
- Honey is antibacterial, helps heal wounds, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and an antioxidant.
- Cinnamon and lemon are antimicrobial and have antioxidant properties but use with caution as it can be irritating to the skin if it is left on too long!
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice squeezed from a lemon slice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Apply onto face and leave for 10 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water.
Brown sugar and coconut oil
- Brown sugar is an exfoliant - both physically and chemically - because it’s a natural source of glycolic acid. Great for brightening your skin.
- Coconut oil is incredibly hydrating and won't leave your skin feeling tight, even after rinsing.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Mix together then apply to face
- In circular motions, scrub your face
- Leave on for 10 mins then rinse with either warm or cold water.
Avocado and cocoa mask
- Avocado is very hydrating
- Cocoa is an antioxidant
- Honey is antibacterial and also very soothing for the skin.
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (or cacao!)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mash the avocado
- Stir in the cocoa powder and honey
- Apply with fingers to face and leave for 10 minutes
- Rinse with warm water and moisturize.
Morning Matcha Mask
- Matcha helps make your skin glow with its detoxifying qualities.
- 1 tsp of matcha
- 1 tsp of chlorella
- 1 tsp of honey (manuka if possible)
- Put the matcha and chlorella in a small bowl
- Add a small amount of water, just enough to create a paste
- Mix in the honey
- Apply to face and leave for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse off with cold water to start your day fresh!