Pancakes aren't known as the healthiest breakfast option. However, this one is definitely healthier than your average buttery recipe. It doesn't require flour, butter or dairy milk, but uses oats and nut milk instead. Just be sure to add a healthy topping to keep it heathy and light!
- 100g porridge oats
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 100ml nut or oat milk
- 1 medium or large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Blend the oats and salt in a blender or food processor (we use a nutribullet!). Blend until you have a flour consistency. Pour into a bowl and stir in the baking powder and cinnamon.
- Next, whisk or blend in the milk, egg and vanilla, until combined properly.
- Add the dry mixture in and either blend or stir in. If the batter becomes too thick, add more milk in.
- Add some coconut oil into a pan on a medium heat. When it's hot, add two tbsp of the batter into the middle of the pan. Leave to cook for about 2 minutes on each side. They'll be cooked when both sides are a golden colour.
- Serve immediately with your favourite topping!